AliveCor, developer of the Kardia™ Mobile (formerly known as the AliveCor Heart Monitor) FDA-cleared electrocardiogram (EKG) technology for mobile devices, has announced the introduction of the first medical-grade EKG band for the Apple Watch, Kardia™ Band.
- The Kardia™ Band is pending 510k clearance and is not yet available for sale in the U.S.
- The Kardia™ Band will be the first medical grade electrocardiogram (EKG) band for the Apple Watch and a breakthrough in proactive heart health.
- The Kardia ™Band will be able to provide instant EKG analysis. With a touch of the Watch band, the user will know instantly if the heart rhythm is normal or if atrial fibrillation (AF) is detected.
- The Kardia™ Band and related app will be able to capture heart activity data and relay it to your the user’s healthcare provider to inform their diagnosis and treatment plan.
- The Kardia™ Band user can use voice memos to keep track of palpitations, shortness of breath, dietary habits and exercise patterns.
- The Kardia™ Band Integrates with Health app and Google Fit for personal heart health insights.
Great to see wearable health technology growing in usability and accessability.
For more information see: